- 2 June 2014 - The COMET research paper "Linked Enterprise Data for Fine Grained Named Entity Linking and Web Intelligence" has been presented on the 4th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS 2014) in Thessaloniki, GR.
- 28 May 2014 - The project team has submitted the second project report to the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI).
- 26 April 2014: The article "Enriching Semantic Knowledge Bases for Opinion Mining in Big Data Applications" has been accepted for publication in Knowledge-Based System.
- 27 March 2014: COMET progress Meeting in Zurich.
- 8 January 2014: The project team has set up weekly meetings to coordinate the development of the COMET XML exchange format and its Web API.
- 30 November 2013: We have submitted the first project report to the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI).
- 2 September 2013: COMET kickoff meeting in Zurich
- 1 September 2013: Official project start
Market data with a clear economic value is spread across multiple sources such as print media, Web documents, blogs, and social media. In the COMET (Cross-media extraction of unified high-quality marketing data) project we develop key technologies for combining and analyzing these heterogeneous and multimodal data.
Automated data consolidation, classification and sentiment analysis components will support the extraction of marketing information which will aid decision makers in optimizing their brand and marketing strategies.
The COMET project is funded by the Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs' (FDEA) Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI). The project partners include the University of Applied Sciences Chur (Institute for Information Research), and Media Focus – a market research company that determines independent marketing performance metrics.
Our research blog at blog.semanticlab.net summarizes articles, methods, and applications that are relevant to the COMET project.