The DISCOVER project develops methods for the automatic acquisition, extraction and integration of decision-relevant information from heterogeneous online sources. The system uses background knowledge from domain ontologies, databases and an information value model to optimise knowledge acquisition processes from web sites and deep web repositories. The extracted knowledge is then integrated with business information systems to optimise decision-making and business processes.
ProjectDISCOVER - Knowledge discovery, extraction and fusion for improved decision making
LeadSuisse Institute for Information Research (SII) More about Suisse Institute for Information Research (SII)
Project LeaderWeichselbraun Albert More about Weichselbraun Albert
TeamKuntschik Philipp More about Kuntschik Philipp Odoni Fabian More about Odoni Fabian Süsstrunk Norman More about Süsstrunk Norman
Research fieldsData Analytics More about Data Analytics
FundingInnosuisse (Kommission für Technik und Innovation KTI), Venture Valuation
DurationDecember 2016 - January 2019
- 1 February 2018 – a new version of the DISCOVER API has been deployed.
- 11 December 2017 – the DISCOVER project team has successfully completed the Go/NoGo review in Zurich.
- 1 November 2017 – Adrian Brasoveanu has joined the HTW Chur as a visiting research fellow and will contribute his experience in NLP evaluations to the DISCOVER project.
- 15 September 2017 – a first test of the DISCOVER deep-web content acquisition pipeline has been successfully completed.
- 31 August 2017 – the project team has submitted the second project report to the Commission for Technology and Innovation CTI.
- 8 June 2017 – the DISCOVER project has been covered in the digitalisation business lunch speech Daten als Gold der Moderne - Optimierung von Informations- und Entscheidungsprozessen mittels Big Data.
- 11 May 2017 – the DISCOVER semantic content analyser has been released.
- 27 April 2017 – joint DISCOVER project meeting in Chur.
- 7 March 2017 – the project consortium has started the development of the DISCOVER deep-web mining components.
- 28 February 2017 – the project team has submitted the first project report to the Commission for Technology and Innovation CTI.
- 23 December 2016 – an initial specification of the DISCOVER REST API has been released.
- 1 December 2016 – DISCOVER project-opening meeting in Chur.
Besides staff members of the HTW Chur the following people participated in the project:
- Jost Renggli (Venture Valuation, COO & Partner)
- David Caulfield
- Alexandra Dienser
- Patrik Frei
- Aitana Peire
The DISCOVER project is funded by the Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs (FDEA) Innosuisse (Commission for Technology and Innovation CTI).
The project partners include the university of applied sciences HTW Chur (Swiss Institute for Information Research SII), and Venture Valuation - a Swiss provider of independent assessments and valuations of companies, products and patents.