Job-Cockpit combines web analytics with privacy-aware knowledge extraction and data enrichment methods to develop innovative semantic search and predictive analytics capabilities for the recruitment industry.
These methods increase the efficiency of recruitment processes, provide aids for optimising individual careers, foster a better understanding of the job market and its dynamics, and benefit the economy by improving the overall transparency of the job market.
ProjectJob-Cockpit – Web analytics, data enrichment and predictive analysis for improved recruitment and career management processes
LeadSwiss Institute for Information Research (SII) More about the Institute/Centre
Project LeaderWeichselbraun Albert More about Weichselbraun Albert
TeamHörler Sandro More about Hörler Sandro Mastrandrea Elena More about Mastrandrea Elena Kuntschik Philipp More about Kuntschik Philipp Semar Wolfgang More about Semar Wolfgang Süsstrunk Norman More about Süsstrunk Norman
Research fieldsData Analytics More about the research fields
FundingMATCHIX AG, Innosuisse (Kommission für Technik und Innovation KTI)
DurationFebruar 2017 – Januar 2019
- 25 January 2018 – Job-Cockpit meeting and technical demo in Chur focusing on Information Extraction and Usability Design.
- 18 December 2018 – Job-Cockpit meeting in Chur.
- 31 October 2017 – the project team has submitted the second project report to the Commission for Technology and Innovation.
- 24 October 2017 – a prototype of the Job-Cockpit automatic resource discovery component has been released.
- 14 September 2017 – Job-Cockpit project meeting in Chur.
- 15 June 2017 – we have performed a first test run of the Job-Cockpit data and knowledge extraction pipeline that demonstrated the automatic extraction of employee names and qualifications from web sites.
- 8 June 2017 – the Job-Cockpit project has been covered in the digitalisation business lunch speech “Daten als Gold der Moderne - Optimierung von Informations- und Entscheidungsprozessen mittels Big Data”.
- 2 May 2017 – the project consortium has started development of the Job-Cockpit web page segmentation components.
- 30 April 2017 – the project team has submitted the first project report to the Commission for Technology and Innovation CTI
- 10 April 2017 – Job-Cockpit meeting in Thalwil
- 31 March 2017 – an initial prototype of the Job-Cockpit data acquisition component has been completed.
- 1 March 2017 – Sandro Hörler has joined the Job-Cockpit research team.
- 24 January 2017 – Job-Cockpit project-opening meeting in Chur
The Job-Cockpit project is funded by the Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs (FDEA) Innosuisse (Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI).
The project partners include the university of applied sciences HTW Chur (Swiss Institute for Information Research SII), and MATCHIX AG – an innovative start-up that provides advanced matching technology to automatically match CVs from candidates to job vacancies.