Generally speaking, Switzerland is in favour of the free movement of goods. For security policy reasons, however, the export, import and transit of certain goods is regulated. Specific categories of goods are thus subject to export control and require a corresponding export permit. Due to complex international regulations, this export control represents a particular challenge for export-oriented high-tech SMEs.
As part of this project, marketable and innovative advisory and training tools are to be developed in connection with the topic of export control. The results will strengthen the value proposition of the implementation partners. At the same time, they will gain access to new customer segments.
Some of the results will be made available to all internationally oriented Swiss SMEs in the form of the 'Export control in a nutshell' guidelines.
ProjectExport control at internationally active Swiss SMEs
LeadSwiss Institute for Entrepreneurship (SIFE) More about the Institute/Centre
Project LeaderJenni Urs More about Jenni Urs
Involved partiesService Innovation Lab (SIL)
PRME Business Integrity Action Center (BIAC) More about the involved
TeamHauser Christian More about Hauser Christian Wellinger Dario More about Wellinger Dario
Research fieldsCorporate Responsibility
Internationalisierung More about the research fields
FundingInnosuisse - Swiss Innovation Agency
DurationFebruary 2017 - December 2018
In addition to the employees of HTW Chur, the following individuals are also involved in the project team:
- Stella Schwarz, Trade Compliance Expert and owner of Serconec GmbH
- René Hagen, Senior Trade Compliance Expert and owner of Serconec GmbH
- Peter Stump, Head of Expert Services, Würth Logistics AG
- Christiane Blaser, Export Administration Manager, ACUTRONIC Schweiz AG
- Andreas Hanns, Export Control Officer, Safran Vectronix AG
- Marcel Walser, Export Control Officer, Leica Geosystem AG
- Nadja Bacchini, Export Administration Manager
- Expert Round Table on Export Control of the Network Logistics Association (VNL)