The Service Innovation Lab (SIL) of HTW Chur possesses the appropriate tools to help companies in dealing with product and service innovations and to prepare themselves for the future.
A user-centric approach (design thinking) as well as state-of-the-art visualisation and prototyping techniques allow for the targeted development of relevant ideas. Thanks to the involvement of clients at an early stage, abstract ideas are brought to life and improved on an ongoing basis. This shortens the development time and reduces the level of market and innovation risk.
Product and service development
We offer comprehensive methodological support as part of the systematic development of new products and services. You benefit from a structured approach and we support you from the initial idea behind the concept to it reaching market maturity.
Business model development
We provide you with methodological support during the development and design of service-specific business models. In a structured process, we identify the central elements of your business model and link these to key figures in order to measure success and exhaust potential for optimisation.
Innovation and creativity training
We moderate educational workshops for you and provide your team with a structured introduction to the world of design thinking, lean start-up, business model canvas and many other state-of-the-art methods.
Experiencing, testing and optimising ideas
The innovation-friendly environment as well as the methods and technologies of the SIL provide great scope for creativity as well as a stage for innovation processes to be presented as an experience. In a virtual environment, new ideas can be realistically visualised, tested, assessed, compared and optimised.
- Flexible room configuration (whiteboards, tables, chairs, stools, etc.)
- 4 x 4 video wall (4 m x 6 m)
- Very large white wall (5 m x 15 m)
- Digital white wall with laser projector (3 m x 6 m, touchable)
- Interview rooms with two-way mirror (including video and audio recording)
- Observation room with two-way mirror
- Usability Lab with eye tracking
- Raspberry Pi, Makey Makey, Beacons
- Virtual and augmented reality (Microsoft Hololens, HTC Vive)
- 3D printer
- GoPro action cameras, single-lens reflex camera
- Very comprehensive prototyping material
- Design thinking
- Google VC sprints
- Service design
- Lean start-up
- Business model canvas
- Service theatre
- Empathy maps/personas
- Customer journey mapping
- Seven thinking hats
- Service blueprinting
- Various prototyping techniques
- Various creativity techniques
- And much more ...